Friday, July 2, 2010

Protien is key

It is very important to have enough protien. I didn't realise how much my body actually needs. It is a good rule of thumb to take your total body weight, divide by 2 and multiply by .5. That means if you are 200 lbs you would need 50 grams of protien a day. Divide that by the number of meals you eat. That would mean you would need 16.6 grams per meal. If you eat 3 meals a day. Seems like a lot. Also if you eat dessert eat it with your meal. Do not eat it first. Make sure to eat it last. This all gets a little crazy but the important thing is to keep trying.

I did eat a piece of my dads pie. I tried to eat the non sugar stuff but lets face it. If I'm going to indulge in a dessert it better be a good one. It was my dad's 62nd bday and my parents 45th anniversary after all.

Celebration is over now back to the program. I feel pretty good that I only ate a slice and not the whole pie. Baby steps! I was very tired after eating the sugar and had a headache. I guess my biggest fear is that I will do well with the program and then go right back to my old ways. I'm tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment