Tuesday, October 9, 2012

I work as a captain for a catering company, this in itself is probabaly not a good job for a fat foodie. People don't NEED to drink or smoke but yes everyone needs to eat. I am trying keep my diet simple no flour or sugar just meats, salads or veggies and fruit. Once I lose my weight I will try adding in different things but for the next few months it is going to be pretty strict. I have found that popcorn with butter from the theatre and butterfingers are not a good choice for me. My stomach was killing me this weekend. It was a little easier to start my program in that state haha. Anyway back to my job, Last night we did an event and served Vanilla cheese cake and Chocolate bourbon pecan pie and Russian creme with a stawberry marinade. Okay is this tempting? YES! but I really have to pat myself on the back!!!! I didn't even sample!!!! go shannon go shannon! when I am dieting I have to think of food as fuel. Lets face it you can put anything in your body but it is not going to run as well if you put fuel that is bad for it. I'm not going to say it was easy, it wasn't but I have got to stick to this.
  I am going to be 47 in January, I always said I would be thin in my fortys. Those are almost over. Heck my baby is now 13. I really can't use the baby fat excuse and I am exhausted most of the time. That is another reason I am doing this. In the last couple years I have broke my leg, had a couple surgerys do to the hysterectomy, bladder etc. Being overweight is not helping any of those things.  Like any fattie I need to take it one day at a time. I like many of you have lost and gained.
 I was not chubby as a child or even as a young adult. I got this way after I had my 4th child and wasn't active. like I said he is now 13. Thinking back on it I have been on this rollercoaster for the last 13 years. How sad is that!
 I am not going to give you my weight and I am not going to say how much I gain or lose. (I will tell you I could be a linebacker for the NFL). I will tell you if I gain or if I lose just to keep myself accountable. When I hit my goal weight I may reveal my highest weight we will have to see. As for now I am losing and that is GREAT!

No comments:

Post a Comment