Tuesday, October 9, 2012

What the hell!

Okay so I guess I should start out by telling you how much I love my grandchildren. I LOVE them more than CHOCOLATE! Now that being said, when they were visiting my oldest Daniel said he wanted to play hide and seek. Well who doesn't love a game of hide and seek? So I said, " okay who do you want to hide first you or grandma"? Well Daniel is very matter of fact and he does this little thing with his mouth (when he is being cheeky or thinks he might get in trouble for saying stuff) He talks to the side of his mouth so its really funny. "granma you can't hide". then he pauses and I say "why can't I hide? Granma is a great hider". then he says "well (and he is really struggling with this) Granma you are too fat to hide".......okay in my head I am thinking what the hell????!!! and my feelings are a bit hurt and I want to say listen you little turd. but instead I say. "yes but granma is a great hider". I know my grandson loves me with out a doubt but he is a child and kids just say the truth. It was one of the hardest personal things I have had to realise in a long time. so being the great grandma I am I hid first and he couldn't find me so when I came out of hiding I said, " see Daniel even fat granmas can hide"! BOO YA!!!! he was so impressed and didn't think another thing of it. I in turn have been thinking about it for a while now and I have decided I don't want to be the "fat granma" I want to be the fun granma that can run and jump on the trampoline and do all the fun stuff that kids do. I want to go down the slides not sit on the bench.

No comments:

Post a Comment